Your Complete Guide to the Year-Round Weather in Arlington, VT
With pleasant year-round weather, it is always a great time to pack your bags for Arlington. Covered bridges, forested mountain landscapes, and picturesque rivers beckon you to explore. While the farms, farmers markets, and year-round celebrations will have you coming back year-after-year.
After learning about the Arlington, Vermont weather and seasons, remember to download your free Southern Vermont Vacation Guide! Our carefully crafted guide includes local recommendations on outdoor recreation, celebrations, and the best things to do throughout the four seasons!
The Year-Round Weather of Arlington, VT
Spring is by far Southern Vermont’s most diverse season. Signs of the season appear toward the end of April, while the beginning of the season in March offers snowboarders and skiers a unique opportunity to enjoy the final months of snowy activity. May and June are the state’s best kept secrets, as blooming landscapes reawaken the vibrant farmers markets and uncover the state’s best bicycling and hiking opportunities. Arlington’s weather averages a high of 40 in March and 76 in June, with lows ranging from 22 in March to 55 in June. During the spring, you can look forward to:
- Maple sugaring season.
- Reawakening farms, farmers markets, and sugar shacks.
- The last months of snow-covered activity.
- Blossoming landscapes. Spring creates the ideal backdrop for a trip to Vermont’s most significant landmarks and historic sites!
- Fly fishing in Vermont’s creeks and streams.
- Explore the state and national parks.
Summertime boasts some of the best weather in Arlington, Vermont. You will enjoy mild days and cool nights. Average summer highs are 81 in July and 79 in August, with refreshing average lows of 60 in July and 58 in August. Because of summer’s favorable conditions, it is the perfect time for outdoor enthusiasts to visit and enjoy the best of what Vermont’s natural beauty offers. During the summer, some activities you may enjoy are:
- Canoeing and kayaking on the Battenkill River.
- Golfing on Vermont’s beautiful grounds and scenic fairways.
- Summer events and celebrations like the Manchester Music Festival.
- Picking your own berries on many of Vermont’s beautiful farms.
- Cooling off in Lake Shaftsbury.
Delightful hues of foliage decorate the landscapes of Southern Vermont in the fall, as golden yellows, vibrant oranges, and brilliant reds paint an idyllic picture of The Green Mountain State. The temperatures in September offer relief from warm summer days, with an average temperature high of 70 and a low of 55. The average temperatures in October range from 57 to 39, and the temperatures in November range from 46 to 31. The fall weather in Vermont is the perfect time to enjoy:
- Crisp, dry, home-brewed cider at any of Vermont’s amazing cideries.
- Hiking on the Appalachian Trail.
- Brilliant scenery and fall foliage among Vermont’s covered bridges.
- Corn mazes, pumpkin patches, and Halloween happenings.
- An abundance of hunting and fishing opportunities.
Winter is the perfect time to discover the quieter side of Arlington. Southern Vermont’s average snowfall is around 75 inches per year. Winter temperatures range from a high of 33 in December to a high of 31 in February, with January being the coldest month. Average lows range from 19 in December to 13 in February. A few activities to enjoy during the season include:
- Skiing and snowshoeing down the state’s snow covered slopes.
- Holiday shopping for unique gifts at the boutique stores in the Shires of Vermont.
- Ice skating at Riley Rink.
- Ice fishing on any of Vermont’s frozen lakes.
- Romantic getaways. The peacefulness and beauty of Vermont’s snowy wonderland make it ideal for intimate elopements and weddings.
Tips for Your Trip
- Pack layers! Nights are typically much cooler than days.
- No matter the season, always remember sunscreen! Vermont is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, making it difficult to stay inside when you visit. Even during the winter, it isn’t unusual to experience a sunburn after an exhilarating day of snowboarding.
- Take advantage of our seasonal specials at The Arlington Inn! No matter when you visit, our packages are a fantastic way to enjoy the best of what each season offers!
Now that you know the weather to expect during your Arlington, VT, vacation, remember to download your free travel guide to find more great year-round activities!